Newcastle’s record signing Miguel Almiron says he is dreaming of “achieving something big” with his new club.The forward joined the Magpies last week for 20.7million – beating the previous record of 16.8m for Michael Owen in 2005 – as they bid to avoid relegation from the Premier League this season.
#nufc's record signing Miguel Almiron is presented to the media. pic.twitter.com/6GZhmBuqjQ— Damian Spellman (@DamianSpellman) February 7, 2019Paraguay international Almiron joins from MLS side Atlanta United and his humble beginnings have earned him comparisons to the fictional Hollywood film Goal!The plot of the film sees poor Mexican migrant Santiago Munez make the move to Newcastle from the equivalent of a semi-professional team in Los Angeles and rise to become one of the world’s best players.Speaking at his St James Park unveiling, Almiron, 24, admitted: “I know the film, Ive seen it.But I try not to get carried away with comparisons like that – or go too crazy with what people write on social media.
Take a look at training today as Miguel Almirn joined in his first session as a Newcastle United player! #NUFC pic.twitter.com/dTbqrcfL17— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 6, 2019Every player who comes to the Premier League comes with a dream to achieve something big – and it’s similar with me.But I dont purport to be an idol or a hero.Its about trying to do my best. I want to work really hard to help my team-mates and bring something to the team.Almiron’s parents could not afford a football so he resorted to kick-abouts with rocks instead.His dad did 18-hour shifts working as a security guard while his mum has a job in a supermarket.Their seven-person family lived in a three-bedroom house with Almiron having to share a bed with his mum until he was 18. Almiron added:We were from a humble background.My parents worked really hard to always make sure we had food on the table. We never lacked a meal at the end of the day.They helped me in my early career, taking me to games and training.Now because I’ve done OK, they’ve been able to retire.He is now earning 60,000 a week but insists this plus his price tag will not put him under any extra pressure.Almiron said: I see it as an honour.
1Almiron not feeling the pressure as he prepares for Newcastle debut
Almiron added: I feel good physically. I’m in good shape.It’s down to the manager whether I will be ready for Monday but certainly I feel ready and I’m keen to take part.I’m aware it’s a physical league, and that’s something I can prepare for in training.Its a higher tempo than the MLS and it’s a more difficult league.But with the help of my team-mates, it’s something I feel I’ll cope with.“It’s always been a dream of mine to come across and play in Europe and in the Premier League.I feel I’m representing my country here, I’m proud of that, and I hope to give a good account of myself and of my country.
Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill has said Declan Rice has yet to make his final decision on his international loyalties after omitting him from the Irish squad once again. The West Ham teenager is still mulling over whether to represent Ireland or England at international level, despite appearing for the Boys In Green three times in
Declan Rice backed over his decision to choose Republic of

National League side Hartlepool have appointed Richard Money as their new manager. The 63-year-old, a European Cup winner with Liverpool as a player, replaces Matthew Bates who lost his job a
European Cup winner Richard Money appointed manager of

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly had to be substituted during Ivory Coast's clash with Rwanda after a nasty collision late into the game. The defender has been a bit-part figure
Manchester United 'reject' Arsenal move for Eric Bailly as

Brendan Rodgers ready to go all-out to keep 'Rolls Royce' Ben Chilwell at Leicester Six-cap England left-back, 22, has been linked with a £60million move to Manchester City, Liverpool or

Former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho sets sights on

Jose Enrique given all clear following treatment to remove

Liverpool FC, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are being linked with a summer move to sign AC Milan forward Suso, according to reports. Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb, as quoted by talkSPORT, is reporting that the three Premier League clubs are potentially interested in bringing the 25-year-old to England in the summer transfer window.
Tottenham considering a move for AC Milan's Suso | Sportslens

Lille 5-1 PSG: Champions in waiting stunned by five-star LOSC performance Written by: fpnews Posted on: April 15, 2019 Paris St Germain must wait to secure the Ligue 1 title after a humbling 5-1 defeat at Lille on Sunday.
Lille 5-1 PSG: Champions in waiting stunned by five-star LOSC

Many Everton fans would have expected the Turkey international to leave Goodison Park this month, but it is looking increasingly likely that he is going to stay and fight for his place.
Everton striker Cenk Tosun on nearly signing for Crystal

Explore Hot Male Celebs's board "Colton Haynes" on Pinterest. See more ideas about Colton haynes arrow, Colton haynes teen wolf and Sexy men.
This Weekend's Kids & Family Activities in Bronx

Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave the club in search for Champions League football, The Daily Mail reports. The Ivorian is said to have met with chairman Steve Parish after
Wilfried Zaha tells Crystal Palace he wants summer transfer
fussboll.com/2019/05/16/wilfried-zaha-tells-crystal-palace-he-wants-summer-transfer-with-club-valuing-him-at-80million/
Wilfried Zaha tells Crystal Palace he wants summer transfer with club valuing him at £80million. Wilfried Zaha tells Crystal Palace he wants summer transfer with
Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha linked with Manchester United

Netherlands vs England: Frenkie de Jong leading Dutch transformation under Ronald Koeman What's behind the Netherlands' transformation? reign but De Ligt's emergence alongside Virgil van Dijk
Ajax star De Ligt tells Koeman about his future plans - One

Chelsea transfer news: Blues eye summer moves for Bayern


0 Comments