Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently

Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently
Alvaro Morata has lifted the lid on his Chelsea hell and pleaded with Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently so he never has to return.The Spanish striker is currently on an 18-month loan with Atletico from Stamford Bridge – but his Blues career is surely over in light of these recent comments.Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loangetty2
Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loan
Morata, who struggled for form in west London after arriving for a then-club-record 60million, claims he was not appreciated by the Stamford Bridge faithful, which left him feeling isolated.“I had lost confidence in myself previously. I was very upset by the opinion of the people in England. I think they caught me in the middle of everything,” he told Goal.“I didn’t quite feel loved or appreciated by the club or the fans. I started very well at Chelsea, but an injury in the end leaves you a bit stuck.“As bad as it was, I still scored 15 goals and won the FA Cup… but I was out of the World Cup, and for me that was the hardest thing that could happen to me in my life.“Ive dreamed of being able to play in a World Cup since I was 10 years old, and I chose Chelsea because I thought it would be the best club to later be able to play in the World Cup.“Now, signing for Atletico has been the best thing that could happen to me in my life. “I had a very bad time in London. In the end I was training alone. I talked to Maurizio Sarri and he told me some things that I knew were not going to be as he had said. I was very nervous. My wife was in shock with me.“I already knew that I could sign for Atletico if everything went well, and they had four games previously [before Morata officially signed for them on January 29]. I saw them all at home with my wife and she was amazed! She does not like football very much, and she did not understand how I could get like this, so crazy, watching Atletico games, screeching at home, nervous, when I was not an Atletico player yet.“It’s a story I’d like to tell very slowly in the future. I went from being tied on the same amount of goals as [Mohamed] Salah and [Harry] Kane at the start of the first year, and people made a song about me, I could not even go out in London! And one day I get up with a shooting pain in my back, my level goes down, and they start telling me everything [referring to criticism about him] in England. You are supposed to be respected by fans, but you know…”Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelseagetty2
Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelsea
Things have improved dramatically for Morata since his return to Spain.After struggling for goals under Maurizio Sarri, he bagged six in the second half of the La Liga season for Atletico.His loan spell expires at the end of next season, but the 26-year-old is desperate to spend the rest of his career in Madrid.He added: “I think in the end it was destiny [moving back to Atletico]. I left Atletico, and every so often I had the opportunity to return, although not so often when I was younger. When you have a bad time in a place, you don’t have that chance often [to return].“It motivated me a lot that Simeone called me, no matter the club I was at, and told me that I could be important in Atletico. The people have welcomed me warmly here, even in the difficult situation that it was. The squad and the club staff have changed my life.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Portugal vs Switzerland (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • Netherlands vs England (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • France vs South Korea (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Denmark vs Republic of Ireland (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Croatia vs Wales (Saturday, 2pm) – talkSPORT
  • England vs Scotland (Sunday, 5pm) – talkSPORT
“As I arrive at the training centre, you can see in people’s faces when they trust you. When you are in the dressing room ahead a game, you see how your team-mates look at you.“At Chelsea there came a time when my team-mates, except for the Spaniards, well… you know, it is not the same when you play and you know that you give a pass to someone who is not going to do as well. You do not give the pass in the same way. Everyone who has played football once will understand that.“And in the end, it is a situation that you cannot control: it is neither about being positive or negative, or about trying to have fun or being worried. It’s the confidence that others have in you: your team-mates, the club… And I found it here at Atletico.“I have said it many times: there is a moment in which there are things that surpass fame, money and everything. Thank God, at Atletico I’ve been able to have a bit of all of this, but I would love to be here every year that I’m able to play at the highest level.“I want to stay at Atletico but, contractually, Chelsea can call me back. We will see what happens in the negotiations between them, but the two clubs already know what I want. I only ask, please, as I said to Atletico, do everything possible to do it as soon as possible. Because I just want to be here.”

Nathan Ake is a key player for Bournemouth

Mauricio Pochettino admitted that he has to "accept rumours" after finding himself linked with the vacant Manchester United job. Pochettino, speaking just hours after his friend Jose Mourinho was dismissed by United, shrugged that such speculation was just "part of our business".
Mauricio Pochettino suggests he could walk away from

Arsenal FC news: All you need to know about Eddie Nketiah, the Gunners and England wonderkid who idolised Ronaldinho and has been compared to Thierry Henry

Chelsea assistant boss Gianfranco Zola has told Callum Hudson-Odoi to be patient amid reports of interest from Bayern Munich. The German side reportedly tabled a £30m offer for the youngster.
Callum Hudson-Odoi told to quit Chelsea for Bayern Munich

You’d be down a whopping 170.50 if you bet on Fulham every game

Mar 21, 2019 · Declan Rice was forced to make a public apology on the eve of a potential England debut at Wembley after it emerged the West Ham midfielder had posted apparent support for the IRA on social media
Declan Rice apologises for 'Up the Ra' social media posts

Vardy’s goal was the difference at Stamford Bridge

With Chelsea having agreed a fee with Real Madrid, Eden Hazard looks set to leave Stamford Bridge. He will leave as a legend. Many Chelsea fans will not begrudge Eden Hazard's right to test
Eden Hazard all but confirms Chelsea exit as he says 'goodbye

Raheem Sterling, left, and Yaya Toure built up a close bond during their time together at Manchester City

Friday, 1 February 2019 Barcelona and Real Madrid have been drawn against each other in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey. The first leg of the tie will be played at the Camp Nou on February 6 or 7 with the second then being held at the Santiago Bernabeu on February 27 or 28.
Copa del Rey Semi-Final: Barcelona vs. Real Madrid

Xherdan Shaqiri is challenged by Abdoulaye Doucoure in the reverse fixture this season

talkSPORT.com round up all the biggest transfer news and latest football gossip from Thursday's papers and online… Chelsea are closing in on the signing of striker Gonzalo Higuain on loan - FULL STORY Meanwhile, Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is said to be in 'advanced talks' over a move to Atletico Madrid.
Transfer news, rumours LIVE: Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool

The UEFA Super Cup in Istanbul between Liverpool and Chelsea promises to be a tasty affair

David Beckham won't rule out trying to sign Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo for his new Inter Miami team. Quality Sport Images/Getty Images "But there are also other clubs and football people I've been around over my career and been able to have and gain experience from.
Beckham's Inter Miami eye audacious move for Messi or Ronaldo

2018 wage bill – 395m

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Leicester City: Spurs maintain title hopes with Wembley win. Tottenham host Borussia Dortmund in the first leg of their Champions League Round of 16 tie on Wednesday (20
Tottenham's route to the Champions League final

Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester host Fulham today

Tammy Abraham: Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo refuses to rule out move for Chelsea striker The forward, currently on loan at Aston Villa, has been heavily linked with a permanent switch to
Tammy Abraham: Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo refuses to

Mesut Ozil has missed Arsenal’s last three matches

Premier League: Who were the most wasteful players in the top flight this season? Including Chelsea and Man United stars by: 161385360554578 — Talk Sport 24 May The Premier League season has drawn to a close and what a brilliant ten months of the beautiful game it was.
Man City beats Burnley 1-0, back on top of Premier League

The Argentine’s caution evasion in the league will surprise his club’s fans

Cesc Fabregas hits back at Arsenal fan on Twitter who criticised him over Barcelona switch Written by: fpnews Posted on: June 12, 2019 Cesc Fabregas has defended his record at Barcelona after an Arsenal fan questioned his decision to leave the Gunners.
Fabregas hits back at Arsenal fan who criticised him over

Post a Comment

0 Comments